Priligy taking 1-3 hours before sex
The great advantage of Priligy (dapoxetine) over other off-label treatments with antidepressants will be the unique condition to be short-acting SSRI, you don’t need it to take it daily, only 1 to 3 hours before sex.
But be careful if you want to try Priligy (dapoxetine) more than once every 24 hours, your doctor will not recommend you that.
You can take Priligy (dapoxetine) with or without food, but alcohol is not permitted.
Priligy tablets comes with 30 mg or 60 mg dapoxetine as a hydrochloride salt.
The usual dose is 30 mg. Your doctor may increase the dose to 60 mg.
What you need to know before taking Priligy:
Do not take Priligy (dapoxetine) if you have heart problems, such as heart failure or problems with the heart rhythm.
If you are taking the following medicines:
- Medicines for depression called, monoamine oxidase inhibitors(MAOIs)
- Thioridazine used for schizophrenia
- Other medicines for depression
- Lithium a medicine for bipolar disorder
- Linezolid an antibiotic used to treat infections
- Tryptophan a medicine to help you sleep
- St John‟s wort an herbal medicine
- Tramadol used to treat serious pain
- Medicines used to treat migraines.
If you have taken any of these medicines, you will need to wait 14 days after you stop taking it before you can start taking Priligy (dapoxetine). Once you have stopped taking Priligy, you will need to wait 7 days before taking any of the medicines listed above. If you are not sure about what to do, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Priligy (dapoxetine).